If you hadn’t noticed a Colemak-sized bomb dropped on my blog and slowed down my rate of posting. That’s OK though. Today was a turning point in my alternative keyboard adventure. I realized that I’ve given up on QWERTY. I fired up the Windows OS in a virtual machine and started typing gibberish into the IE9 address bar because, of course I hadn’t switched the keyboard layout there and I was instinctively typing using the Colemak layout. It was annoying as hell. So now I have Colemak installed there too. I’m done with QWERTY. I may only be typing 40wpm now and won’t suddenly get over 100 just because I switched layouts but once you realize how silly the QWERTY layout is you just have to do something about it. It took me a year to do that something but I did it. It feels good!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go feel bad about how long it took me to type this post. :)